Pacer K. Udall
Perhaps as a byproduct of his fifth-generation eastern Arizona roots, hard work, and deep belief in the synergistic relationship between man and earth, Pacer recognizes that you reap what you sow and seeks to propagate impactful strategies and processes that build company value.
Pacer is not your typical attorney; his daughter declared that “playing in the dirt is [his] golf.” He doesn’t just like to get his hands dirty in his orchard and garden but is also hands-on as a team member looking out for clients’ intellectual property. His goal is a more-than-satisfied client that recognizes that their advantage is the team he assembled around them with everyone rowing in the same direction, dominating their industry, market, and competition.
- Pacer’s US and International/Foreign Patent experience includes patent application preparation, filing, and prosecution in fields including dietary supplement, compound and composition technologies, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical technology, medical and medical device technologies, biotechnology, nanotechnology, electromechanical technology, general industry technology, manufacturing technology, membrane and forward osmosis technologies, and night vision, thermal and laser technologies.
- Additionally, Pacer’s patent practice focuses on US Prioritized Patent Examination or Track One (Track I) Accelerated Examination and Patent Prosecution Highway applications, Design Patent applications, International patent filings including Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), Foreign National Stage Patent, and Paris Convention applications, Reexaminations and Appeals before the US Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), patentability analysis and opinions, patent infringement and validity analysis and opinions, patent design-around counseling and opinions, patent strength and claim scope evaluations, due diligence evaluations, and patent licensing and acquisition negotiations and agreements.
- Pacer’s US and International/Foreign Trademark experience and practice includes counseling on the selection and adoption of trademarks that rise above the marketplace clutter, prescreening and clearance analysis and opinions, preparation and prosecution of US, Madrid, and other foreign trademark applications, Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), infringement analysis and opinions, due diligence evaluations, trademark licensing and acquisition negotiations and agreements, and trademark consent and co-existence negotiations and agreements.
- Pacer’s other practice areas include: IP Portfolio Management, Development and Assessment; Pre-litigation demand and cease and desists letters, negotiations, and settlements; IP Litigation Consulting; and Training, Consultation and Education.
- J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Arizona State University
- Pacer was presented the “Outstanding Leadership Award” in recognition of his 10 years of leadership as a past Chair and Executive Council Member of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of Arizona.
- Since 2004, Pacer has been a Co-Chairman of the Community Advisory Board (CAB) for the Cooper Road and Commerce Avenue Water Quality Assurance Revolving Fund (WQARF) site, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
- Tempe, Arizona: January 17, 2019, Arizona Laws Relating to the Threat of Violence
- Tempe, Arizona: February 21, 2018, Trademark Practice Tips:
- Avoiding or Mitigating Fraud
- Importance of Maintaining Registrations
- Consent Agreements
- Demand / Cease & Desist Letters
- Overcoming “Specimen” and “Ornamental” Refusals
- Avoiding Denial
- Maximizing Use of Insurance Extension when Filing Statement of Use
- Letters of Protest
- Tempe, Arizona: May 20, 2015, U.S. Implementation of Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs
- Tempe, Arizona: November 20, 2013, Trademark Best Practices
- Tempe, Arizona (Arizona State University): October 29, 2013, Biotechnology / Chemical Patent Drafting and Prosecution
- Tempe, Arizona: February 13, 2013, Patent Opinions of Counsel