KENNETH C. BOOTH
REGISTERED PATENT AND TRADEMARK ATTORNEY
Patents, Trademark and Copyright Strategies for Small to Mid-size Companies
Ken Booth is a Registered Patent Attorney and IP Coach® specializing in patent and trademark services. Ken is registered to practice and appear before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in all matters. Despite being a patent attorney living in Mesa, Arizona and working in Tempe, Arizona, Ken represents clients throughout the United States and other countries. His emphasis is on client education in intellectual property protection and strategies to advance company value in the fields of mechanical, software, aerospace and electrical engineering; and computer, communication, information, medical and medical device technologies. Ken also provides boutique-quality guidance and representation at state, federal and international levels during every phase in the life of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and licensing assets. If you need United States patent or United States trademark protection, or international patent or international trademark protection, give Ken a call.
Ken is an inventor on 66 US Patents and many more foreign patents.
Ken was recently named Arizona’s Leading Patent and Trademark Attorney of the Year for 2020 by Acquisition International.
- Arizona Management Society (Arizona Chapter of the BYU Management Society)
Member 2006-current, and Board Member 2010-2013
- The Boy Scouts of America
Member for over 25 years
Service at the Local, District, Council and National levels
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
Utah Alpha Chapter President 1995-1996
- State Bar of Arizona
Intellectual Property Section
- State Bar of Utah
- Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP, Mesa, Arizona, Partner
- Cahill, Sutton and Thomas of Phoenix, Arizona, Associate
- TraskBritt of Salt Lake City, Utah, Associate and Patent Agent
- Utah Power and Light Operations Engineering Division, Salt Lake City, Utah, Research Engineer
Ken is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the State and Federal Courts of Arizona and Utah and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
• University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah, JD
Honors: William H. Leary Scholar
• University of Utah, B.S.E.E., cum laude
Major: Electrical Engineering
Minors: Math and Nuclear Engineering
- Chengdu, China, LiJiu Law Firm, July 11, 2019, Patent Law in the United States and Introduction to Strategic Patent Filing
- University Immersion Program, Sichuan University, China,: July 8-July 12, 2019, US Patent Drafting and Strategy
- University Immersion Program, Sichuan University, China,: July 1-July 5, 2019, US Legal Issues in Trademarks and Copyrights
- Arizona State University, January 9-April 24, 2019, THP 598, Legal Issues in the Arts, Herberger Arts College
- Tempe, Arizona: October 24, 2018, New Trademark Attorney Marketing Tools
- Arizona State University, April 23, 2018, Intellectual Property Value in the Arts
- Sichuan University, China: March 8-, 2018, The Benefits of Protecting and Respecting Innovation Rights
- Tempe, Arizona: August 18, 2017, Client Representation Ethics
- Tempe, Arizona: January 20, 2016, Collections and Trust Accounting Rules and Practices
- Tempe, Arizona: August 19, 2015, Five Easy Digital Marketing Strategies for Lawyers
- Tempe, Arizona: January 21, 2015, Marketing Ethics and Strategies for Lawyers
- Tempe, Arizona: October 16, 2013, Trademark Prescreening Search Essentials
- Tempe, Arizona: September 12, 2012, The America Invents Act – What’s Next?
- Korean (conversational, read, and write)
KEN’S RECENT ARTICLES
Preterm Birth: A Growing Global Healthcare Crisis Every now and then, an invention comes along that promises…
A federal trademark application can be electronically filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)…
The initial test applied by an Examining Attorney when evaluating a proposed trademark for registration is whether…
ADVANCE YOUR COMPANY’S FUTURE TODAY.