If you prefer that your attorney stay superficial, both in their understanding of your product and their relationship with you, don’t work with Hua. Queen of questions, Hua is very thorough and feels most comfortable representing you when she can come to know you and your product intimately, not just accomplishing the task at hand but moving you towards your ultimate goals. If things get stressful, Hua’s clients don’t feel the brunt of it, her neighbors and friends do (in the form of baked treats and invitations to afternoon tea). For Hua, being involved in IP is having a front row seat to observe the amazing creative powers of humans and it energizes her. She also seeks to stay active as a community volunteer, serving in leadership roles for Phoenix Sister Cities (PSC) and as a board member of the Arizona Council on Economics Education (ACEE) and the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Arizona.
Areas of Practice/Specialties
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Vaccine platforms
- Pharmaceutical Compounds
- Diagnostic tools
- J.D. Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- Specialization in Intellectual Property
- M.S. in Physiological Sciences, University of Arizona
- B.A. in Biological Sciences, Wellesley College
- Mandarin (Full Professional Proficiency)
- Intermediate writing skills in Chinese
- Spanish (Limited Working Proficiency)
- Elementary French
- Elementary Japanese
- Xu H, Li J, Chen H, Wang C, Ghishan FK. “NHE8 plays important roles in gastric mucosal protection.” Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 304: G257-61, 2013.
- Xu H, Zhang B, Li J, Wang C, Chen H, Ghishan FK. Impaired mucin synthesis and bicarbonate secretion in the colon of NHE8 Knockout mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 303: G335-43, 2012.
- Xu H, Li J, Chen R, Zhang B, Wang C, King N, Chen H, Ghishan FK. NHE2X3 DKO mice exhibit gender-specific NHE8 compensation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 300(4):G647-53, 2011.
- Wang C, Xu H, Chen H, Li J, Zhang B, Tang C, Ghishan FK. Somatostatin stimulates intestinal NHE8 expression via p38 MAPK pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 300(2):C375-82, 2011.
- Xu H, Zhang B, Li J, Chen H, Tooley J, Ghishan FK. Epidermal growth factor inhibits intestinal NHE8 expression via reducing its basal transcription. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 299:C51-7, 2010.
- Xu H, Zhang B, Li J, Chen H, Wang C, Ghishan FK. Transcriptional inhibition of intestinal NHE8 expression by glucocorticoids involves Pax5. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 299:G921-7, 2010.
- Chen H, Xu H, Dong J, Li J, Ghishan FK. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha impairs intestinal phosphate absorption in colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 296:G775-781, 2009.
- Xu H, Chen H, Dong J, Li J, Chen R, Uno JK, Ghishan FK. Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Down-Regulates Intestinal NHE8 Expression by Reducing Basal Promoter Activity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 296:C489-97, 2008.
- Xu H, Chen H, Dong J, Lynch R, Ghishan FK. Gastrointestinal Distribution and Kinetic Characterization of the Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Isoform 8 (NHE8). Cell Physiol Biochem.21:109-116; 2008.