DR. ADAM LUNCEFORD
REGISTERED PATENT ATTORNEY
Patents, Trademark and Copyright Strategies for Small to Mid-size Companies
Dr. Adam Lunceford is a registered Patent Attorney. Dr. Lunceford’s legal practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of biotechnology patents. He also analyzes freedom to operate, invalidity/non-infringement, and patentability of technologies in the agricultural and biotechnology fields. Dr. Lunceford has counseled clients in patent matters related to medical diagnostics, nutraceuticals, biofuels, bio-pesticides/pesticides, plant growth promoters, anticancer therapeutics, and vaccines.
- Patent Counseling and Prosecution
- Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Agricultural Science
2012 Pro bono representation of minor escaping gang violence in El Salvador in immigration court
- Adam L. Lunceford, Identity, Invention, and the Culture of Personalized Medicine Patenting, 53 Jurimetrics 483 (2013) (book review).
- Mahurin R, Lunceford AL, Veitenheimer EE (2012) Bioprospecting A Hotspring of Legal Issues, The SciTech Lawyer Fall 2012, at 4-7.
- Veitenheimer EE, Wang Y, Lunceford AL (2011) Utility Patenting of US Biotech Inventions in non-US Countries, Industrial Biotechnology7:200.
- Pfeiffer M, Kayzer EB, Yang X, Abramson E, Kenaston MA, Lago CU, Lo HH, Sedensky MM, Lunceford A, Clarke CF, Wu SJ, McLeod C, Finkel T, Morgan PG, Mills EM (2011) Caenorhabditis elegans UCP4 protein controls complex II-mediated oxidative phosphorylation through succinate transport, J Biol Chem 286:37712.
- Cristina D, Cary M, Lunceford A, Clarke C, Kenyon C (2009) A regulated response to impaired respiration slows behavioral rates and increases lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegans, PLoS Genet 5:e1000450.
- Kiebish MA, Han X, Cheng H, Lunceford A, Clarke CF, Moon H, Chuang JH, Seyfried TN (2008) Lipidomic analysis and electron transport chain activities in C57BL/6J mouse brain mitochondria, J Neurochem 106:299
- Peng M, Falk MJ, Selak M, Haase VH, King R, Polyak E, Hancock WW, Meade R, Saiki R, Lunceford AL, Clarke CF, and Gasser DL (2008) Primary Coenzyme Q Deficiency in Pdss2 Mutant Mice Causes Isolated Renal Disease, PLoS Genet 4:e1000061.
- Saiki R, Lunceford AL, Shi Y, Marbois B, King R, Pachuski J, Kawamukai M, Gasser DL, Clarke CF (2008) Coenzyme Q10 supplementation rescues renal disease in Pdss2kd/kd mice with mutations in prenyl diphosphate synthase subunit 2, Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1535.
- Saiki R, Lunceford AL, Bixler T, Dang P, Lee W, Furukawa S, Larsen PL, Clarke CF (2008) Altered Bacterial Metabolism, Not Coenzyme Q Content, is Responsible for the Life Span Extension in Caenorhabditis elegans Fed an Escherichia coli Diet Lacking Coenzyme Q, Aging Cell7:291.
- Dyall SD, Yan W, Delgadillo-Correa MG, Lunceford A, Loo JA, Clarke CF, Johnson PJ (2004) Non-mitochondrial complex I proteins in a hydrogenosomal oxidoreductase complex, Nature 431:1103.
- 2011, Order of the Coif, University of California, Davis, School of Law
- 2007-2008, Dissertation year fellowship from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2004-2007, Cell and Molecular Biology Predoctoral Training Grant from the University of California, Los Angeles
- 1991, Achieved Eagle Scout rank in the Boy Scouts of America
- 2014-2019 In-House Patent Counsel, Bayer CropScience LP, West Sacramento, California.
- 2000-2002 Product Specialist, Diagnostics Division, Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, Illinois.
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- University of California, Davis, School of Law, Davis, California
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2008
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
B.S., Biochemistry, 2000
Avid runner; love camping and the outdoors.
ADVANCE YOUR COMPANY’S FUTURE TODAY.